Sunday, May 30, 2010

Search For Florist Continues

No luck yet locking down a florist. Mat and I have met with four so far and have meetings with three more in the next two weeks.

Fingers crossed that we find someone who not only gets our vision, can stay within our budget, and that we get along with, but a florist who has lots of imagination and is able to take our idea to the next level. It's been harder than you think.

So far everyone loves our ideas, but either not enough imagination, or they're charging too much, or we're just not meshing. I've done a majority of the legwork myself and will be getting all the rentals, but I need an amazing florist to help take the bulk of the worrying off my plate.

Our theme is based on the Jim Henson classic, The Labyrinth, starring Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie. I was completely obsessed with this movie when I was little. Mat has always been a really big fan of it as well.

What's not to love? David Bowie in tights, lots of big hair, Jennifer Connelly in a fabulous ballgown, monsters, heroes, and the best soundtrack.


I used to watch the ballroom scene on repeat and wish I could be Sarah, dancing with David Bowie, in that gorgeous gown. In fact, Bowie was my first crush! I would rewind again and again and dream of living in that one scene. I imagine our wedding recreating that feeling.


It's not just the visuals from the movie that I love, which I do, but the story is fantastic. It's about this girl's journey from the start of the film to the end. In the beginning, she's immature and whiny but after going through the labyrinth and all her different experiences, she grows up and comes out a better person.

I think about how Mat and I had to go through such a big journey in order to find each other. I grew up in Georgia, and he in Leeds. Separated by an ocean, taking completely different life paths, and yet we both find music and followed that love of music to New York City where we meet.  We make each other better and now we're going to spend the rest of our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment