Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Whimsical New Jersey Bridal Shower

I didn't think anything could top my bridal shower in Atlanta, but my mom and aunt Ellie really outdid themselves on Saturday for my second bridal shower. This one was a "couple" shower for both Mat and I. We kept the guest list small and had a really lovely day. I've posted a few photos that Semi took below.

The weather was better than imaginable and the setting was straight out of Alice in Wonderland. All my bridesmaids were in attendance and it was great for us all to spend the day together in the countryside. Mat and my cousins went golfing for the first few hours, while the ladies stayed at the house to munch on hors d'ouevres. 

Our friend Dave showed up later and cracked us all up with his somewhat inappropriate stories, and after their golf game ended, the other men joined us too. We ate slow cooked short ribs with pasta that Ellie had spent all day on, and had crepes for dessert courtesy of Masha and Semi. Then we opened presents and had some delicious cake.  Gorgeous day filled with lots of laughter and even white tailed deer hopped by and spread some magic. Dreamy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment