Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bridesmaids Outfits

If you recall from the "history of weddings" post I did earlier, I never planned on having my bridesmaids in the same dress. Rather, I've found some really talented designers who are making custom dresses to each of the girl's specifications. The only requirement is that they all be short dresses and in shades of blue. I'm a little jealous.

Masha, Shayda, and Maggie are each wearing a custom design by James Coviello who has a shop on our block. He's a Parson's School of Design graduate and has created a collection for Anna Sui and Anthropologie among others. His style is very vintage and his new shop features his retro inspired ready to wear line.
Sarah Seven is another designer we're working with. My bridesmaid Sarah will be wearing a ruffly draped dress by this amazing Etsy designer. Her line is very romantic with a bit of whimsy. Lots of beautiful draping, ruffles, petals, and layers of silky fabric. How dreamy.
I am coveting these dresses by former Project Runway designer Kara Janx. I think the blue velvet capped sleeve one is perfect for the rehearsal dinner! She's tailoring it to my exact size and even getting me the belt to go with it. So excited!

1 comment: