Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Girls Day Out...

...or more commonly known as the Bachelorette Party. In the UK, it would be called a Hen Night. I'm glad we don't call it that here. On Sunday, the girls kidnapped me in a friendly way and whisked me off to Sleepy Hollow upstate for a perfect day outside the city.

I wasn't told where we were going, or what we would do, but to wear comfortable clothes and be available first thing in the morning. Masha, Maggie, and Sarah had rented the cutest little Cube car and we drove 45 minutes up to Tarrytown to visit Washington Irving's Sleepy Hollow town where the Headless Horseman legend was born.

We took a stroll through the Sleepy Hollow cemetery, and had fun posing with the dramatic tombstones. Somehow we managed to miss both the Kykuit Mansion tours by a minute. The day was spent leisurely visiting antique stores, sneaking onto closed historic landmarks, avoiding cranky grannies, and enjoying the best cup of tea and egg tea sandwiches ever. 

In the midst of all our fun, I got a call from Mat who had locked himself out of the apartment whilst taking out the trash. We weren't in a position to exactly drive back to get him, so he was left outside, shirtless, shoeless, phoneless, and penniless. Fortunately, our neighbor is awesome and lent him everything he needed to get by, and Mat spent the day hanging out with my parents.
After that debacle was settled, we went shopping at the local mall where I tried on potential wedding night lingerie, and found the most perfect cat hat. Ended the night back home with all of us on the couch, trying on the bridesmaid dresses one more time and watching the sickest movie, Splice. So ew. I love my ladies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment